We have inspected the structural components and mechanical systems for signs of significant non- performance,excessive or unusual wear and general state of repair.
The following report is an overview of the conditions.
In the report, there may be specific references to areas and items that were inaccessible. We can make no representations regarding conditions that may be present but were concealed or inaccessible for review. With access and an opportunity for inspection, reportable conditions may be discovered. Inspection of the inaccessible areas will be performed upon arrangement and at additional cost after access is provided.
We do not review plans, permits, recall lists, and/or government or local municipality documents. Information regarding recalled appliances, fixtures and any other items in this property can be found on the Consumer Product Safety website. These items may be present but are not reviewed.
Our recommendations are not intended as criticisms of the building, but as professional opinions regarding conditions present. As a courtesy, the inspector may list items that they feel have priority in the Executive Summary portion of the report. Although the items listed in this section may be of higher priority in the opinion of the inspector, it is ultimately the client's responsibility to review the entire report. If the client has questions regarding any of the items listed, please contact the inspector for further consultation.
Lower priority conditions contained in the body of the report that are neglected may become higher priority conditions. Do not equate low cost with low priority. Cost should not be the primary motivation for performing repairs. All repair and upgrade recommendations are important and need attention.
This report is a "snapshot" of the property on the date and time of the inspection. The structure and all related components will continue to deteriorate/wear out with time and may not be in the same condition at the close of escrow.
All recommendations in this report should be addressed PRIOR TO THE END OF THE CLOSE OF ESCROW. This report is not intended for use by anyone other than the client named herein. No other persons should rely upon the information in this report. Client agrees to indemnify, defend and hold inspector harmless from any third party claims arising out of client's unauthorized distribution of the inspection report.
By accepting this inspection report, you acknowledge that you have reviewed and are in agreement with all of the terms contained in the inspection agreement provided by the inspector who prepared this report.
BEYOND THE SCOPE
*CONCEALED AREAS If areas of the home are inaccessible or concealed from the inspectors view, then an inspection of that area did not take place. Request that any information about any hidden problems be revealed to you about these inaccessible or hidden areas from the seller prior to the close of escrow. Return to the property prior to the close of escrow and perform a walk-through inspection of your own after the owner's belongings have been removed. If your inspection or information reveals hidden damage or concerns contact a qualified specialist or your inspector for a return visit.
* PERMITS/BUILDING CODE VIOLATIONS If you are concerned about building permit information you should, request copies from seller/owner or local municipality.
* GEOLOGICAL STABILITY Soil condition or stability is not determined during this home inspection. Should you decide to obtain a geological report of the site conditions you might contact a geological inspection firm through your real estate agent or a non-profit association of geo- technical engineers for referral.
* STRUCTURAL STABILITY OR ENGINEERING ANALYSIS Engineering analysis of a buildings structure is performed only by a licensed structural engineer with the use of measurements, calculations, or other scientific evaluation. Engineering is beyond the scope of a typical home inspection. To receive an inspection and report on the structure by an engineer, ask your real estate agent or a nonprofit association of structural engineers for referral.
* SEWER BLOCKAGE Check with the seller for information about the history of the sewer or private septic waste disposal system. Having a drain service company video review and service the main drain line to be sure it is open and flowing before the close of escrow is recommended on all homes.
*ENVIROMENTAL CONCERNS Environmental issues include but are not limited to mold, radon, asbestos, lead paint, lead contamination, toxic waste, formaldehyde, electromagnetic radiation, buried fuel oil tanks, ground water contamination and soil contamination. We may make reference to one of more of these materials in this report when we recognize one of the common forms of these substances. If further study or analysis seems prudent, the advice and services of the appropriate specialists are advised
* AIR DUCT/REGISTER TESTING All accessible duct registers were tested using a thermal infrared camera. This test only tells us if cool air is coming out from the registers, but not the actual CFM's of air flow or static pressure. Testing ducts for airflow, leaks or Cubic feet measurements (CFM's) of air flow is beyond the scope of the home inspection and requires specialize equipment. If you are concerned about this it is recommended that you hire a company to test the ducts for air leaks, airflow and proper static pressure.
We wish you the very best with your new acquisition!
Jerry P Campbell
Certified Master Inspector/ Licensed General Contractor