Thank you for choosing Home Inspection Geeks for your inspection! We are honored that you have entrusted us with your current or future home. Before you start reading this report there are a couple of key items to note:
1) Remember that a home inspection is a visual inspection, we are not able to remove any component or structure to further evaluate a potential issue. We report on defects that could be signs of more major issues. That is why there are some recommendations in the report to seek further evaluation from a licensed professional as they can complete a thorough diagnostic analysis of a particular issue and give you a price estimate for what the repair might cost.
2) During the inspection, there may have been several items that were not accessible due to personal items being in the way or obstruction blocking our ability to visually see an item or space. Some examples of this are snow on a roof, a painted electrical panel disallowing screws to be removed, or a cluttered garage space. Unfortunately, we cannot inspect what we cannot see. If there was something that couldn't be inspected, it is listed in the report. We are more than happy to come back on a later date when the obstruction has been removed.
3) We are thorough when it comes to inspecting the components of your house and there may be a lot of items listed as "action recommended". It is important to note that not all defects are created equal. Some items may cost only a few dollars to fix or replace, while others may require a few thousand dollars to repair. It is important to get quotes from licensed contractors for any repairs that are suggested. You may contact us to get a range of what something might cost to repair, but we are not a licensed contractor and are not liable if a contractor's quote is different than our estimate.
4) Please excuse any typos found in the report. While our goal is to provide you with a comprehensive report and to check our verbiage as we are writing, we are not perfect and some errors do get glanced over!
5) Our service to you does not stop here. Please feel free to call us at 773-242-9358 with any questions on the report or even after you have moved into your new home! A phone call is always free!