HOME MAINTENANCE INSPECTION REPORT:
The home maintenance inspection performed is a limited visual inspection to identify major systems and components in need of repair. The inspection will include the following systems:
- Roof inspection for damage, hail, age concerns, gutter condition
- Attic inspection for moisture concerns, insulation issues, pest concerns
- Foundation Inspection for visible concerns, settlement issues, grading or drainage issues
- Crawlspace/Basement Inspection for moisture issues, pest concerns
- Heating and Cooling System Inspection for age, performance or maintenance concerns
- Gas Leak Check on exterior and interior exposed gas lines and fittings
- Carbon Monoxide Test on heating system and gas burning appliances
- Plumbing System Inspection for any visible leaks and evaluation of water heater age and condition
- Electrical Safety Inspection, including GFCI outlets, electric panel interior, and any visible safety concerns
- Smoke Alarm and CO Detector Inspection and testing
- Garage Door Inspection and Test for safety concerns
The evaluation will be based on observations that are primarily visual and non-invasive. The inspection and report are not intended to be technically exhaustive. This written report is a summary of observations and unbiased opinions and is based on the experience of the inspector.This Inspection Report outlines and defines the areas of the home that were inspected.
1) Maintenance Item - These are regular maintenance items typical for many homes, or items that should be monitored for performance or future concerns. In the opinion of the inspector, repair or replacement to these items is not urgent, but will likely be needed in the near future.
2) Repair Recommendation - The item, component or unit was inspected/tested, and is not functioning as intended. Repair or replacement is needed by a qualified specialist.
3) Immediate Action/Evaluation Recommendation - The item, component or unit shows concerns that, in the opinion of the inspector, requires immediate action for safety and/or to prevent damage to the property, or needs to be further evaluated by a qualified professional.
SCOPE AND TERMS OF INSPECTION:
This confidential report is furnished for the use of the client only. It is not intended to be relied upon for any purpose by any other party not named on the report and Inspection Agreement. This inspection was performed in accordance with and under the terms of a Home Inspection Agreement. The agreement was signed and agreed upon before the preparation of this report and a signed copy of the agreement is available upon request. Scott Home Inspection conducts all inspections according to the American Society of Home Inspectors (ASHI) Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics. The complete standards can be reviewed at the following location; www.scotthomeinspection.com/ASHI_standards-ethics.pdf
Limitations exist in any home inspection. The inspector cannot see behind walls or behind hidden areas in the home. The belongings of the current occupant of the home are not moved to view areas underneath or behind such belongings. Additionally, the inspection is not a test for hazardous materials, such as asbestos, lead paint, mold, or other environmental hazards. If the inspector observes materials which inspector believes may contain hazardous materials, the Inspector will recommend further testing and evaluation. Any comments, notes or recommendations made by the inspector are informational only, and Client understands that only proper hazardous testing can determine whether any actual hazardous materials are present. The inspector is also not qualified to detect the presence of Chinese Drywall. Nothing herein shall be construed so as to require the inspector to observe or to warn Client as to potential hazardous materials. Any investigation concerning the existence or possible existence of potentially hazardous materials in any form is beyond the scope of the inspection services offered by Scott Home Inspection.
READING YOUR INSPECTION REPORT
The inspection report from Scott Home Inspection is cloud based allowing for sharing of the report and easy navigation through sections. Click to expand the image below to give you tips and help on reading and navigating through this report.